Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ireland Qualifies for Euro 2012


Ireland is in to Euro 2012


Since the International break is currently taking place, and therefore there is no league football, I figured I'd take a moment to cover one of the big stories of International play. Ireland qualified yesterday for the Euro 2012, the International competition between the best of the European sides. This is a huge deal for the Irish people, and one that I can revel in, being Irish myself. It has a certain feel of redemption as well, after the so-called "Hand of Frog" (Thierry Henry's clear handball that netted the winner for France) that knocked us out of the World Cup qualifiers at the last minute. The people of Ireland are ecstatic to be into Euro 2012, and rightly should be. I know I will be anxiously awaiting the start of the tournament next June.

1 comment:

  1. This question isn't directly related to this post, but as I was reading it I began thinking about the movie "Green Street Hooligans", and since you have not discussed anything related to brawls that occur at many of these matches (although I have no idea how close to reality the above movie is), I was wondering what your take on that is?

    ReplyDelete